Let's face it, serious handicappers are going to be playing the Derby card; how does one avoid these deep handles? But if you aren't a heavy hitter, you can fight the urge as the following tracks areoffering you a standardbred product to wager on while you await the Kentucky Derby:
- Saratoga Raceway and The Downs at Mohegan Sun Pocono are both having doubleheaders with Pocono's first card starting at 11am while Saratoga's matinee beginning at 12:15pm.
- Harrah's Philadelphia which typically is dark on Saturdays will be racing an afternoon card starting at 12:40pm.
- Northville Downs begins racing at 2:00pm
- Scarborough Downs starts at 2:00pm
North of the border, there are these tracks with afternoon racing (all times local):
- Century Downs Racetrack and Casino out in Alberta, Canada begins their program at 1:10pm
- The Raceway at Western Fair District begins their card at 1:15pm.
Of course, most tracks are racing their normal evening cards, perhaps starting a little earlier, hoping to entice some of those who came for the Derby to hang around.
Fight the urge. Bet Standardbred.