For photos from the Meadowlands contact Lisaphoto@playmeadowlands.com

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

News Flash: NJTHA Reaches Agreement

Thanks to one of my readers, I have learned that the New Jersey Thoroughbred Horsemen Asscoiation (NJTHA) has reached an agreement with Morris Bailey regarding the operation of Monmouth Park.  With this being completed, the last roadblock to the finalizing of the leases for the Meadowlands and Monmouth Park has been removed and things should move much faster.

Lou Raffetto Jt., who ran the MJC  tracks as General Manager for Frank Stonarch will be involved in running Monmouth Park. Raffetto was fired by Stonarch in 2007 in what was called at that time, the 'stupidest move' Stonarch made.  Subsequent to his firing there, Raffetto worked as CEO of the National Steeplechase Association.  I am sure I have wholes in his resume, but I will attempt to fill in the blanks.

I will attempt to find out more information and update this blog entry accordingly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lou is one of the most respected people in the industry. He ran Suffolk during the hey days of the Mass Cap. He has a very good resume going back farther than that!